Château de Goudourville (Tarn et Garonne)
The site of a former monastery, the château dates from the 12th, 13th and 17th centuries. In the 15th century, the fortified château was transformed into a more comfortable Renaissance residence with an impressive spiral staircase in stone, an architectural jewel with an impressive 100 steps. In 1587, Henri IV stayed there. The château organizes a variety of cultural activities and receptions. The current owners continue their 20-year quest to fully restore the site and give it new life and purpose.
Urgent restoration of the roof and water proofing of the Renaissance spiral staircase to protect it from water infiltration and avoid structural damage