This Year’s Past Highlights (for pictures, see slideshow):
• Curated tour of the Cezanne exhibit at the Art Institute of Chicago and apéritif in the park, Aug 2022
• Rosa Bonheur and the Château de By, Virtual talk & tour, June 2022
• Third Annual Members’ Midwestern trip to Prairie du Chien, WI
• Third Annual Gala honoring Josephine Baker, June 2022
• Second French Heritage Corridor Conference, Lafayette, IN, May 2022
• Illinois & Michigan « I & M » Canal 2nd Annual Clean-Up, in observation of Earth Day, April 2022
• “Wine & War” Tasting & Author talk, Nov 2021
View the FHS Chicago Steering Committee
FHS Chicago 2022 Sustaining Sponsors: Reed Centracchio, Raila & Associates and Traen, Inc.
Weaving the past into the future: preservation, collaboration, celebration!
Through various activities and educational opportunities, we are dedicated to the preservation, restoration, and promotion of French heritage throughout the United States’ Midwest and France.
In addition to fostering Franco-American friendship (Amitié) and cross-cultural exchange through select tours throughout the Midwest, lectures, conferences, galas and other events, FHS Chicago Chapter also plays an active role in the Midwest through FHS’s Franco-American Student Exchange Internship Program. The Chicago Chapter recognizes the deep roots of French heritage throughout the Midwest and is proudly knitting together a network of stakeholders. French Heritage Corridor, an initiative conceived and led by the French Heritage Society Chicago Chapter, comprises seven states in the Midwest (IA; IL; IN; MI; MN; MO and WI). This network, joined by waterways connecting with the Mississippi River and the Great Lakes, transcends borders to recreate in the Midwest what was once la Nouvelle France. For more information, please visit: frenchheritagesociety.org/fhc/
Lisa Kahn and Pascale Kichler are Co-Chairs of the Chicago Chapter. If you are interested in becoming involved with FHS Chicago Chapter or learning more about our events, please contact us at email@example.com, find us on Facebook at ChicagoFrenchHeritageSociety or follow us on Instagram @chicago_fhs.