Château de Longpra

2013 Grant of $15,000—Paris Chapter

The Château de Longpra, southeast of Lyon, originally a Maison Forte typical of the region, entered into the family who currently owns it in 1536. In 1755, the austere structure was transformed into a refined house typical of the neoclassical and Italian tastes of the time. The owner at the time, Pierre Antoine Pascalis de Longpra, was a great lover of the arts. He hired the best artisans of the region, among them the famous cabinetmaker family, Hache.

Restoration: the upper slope of the remarkable gambrel roof of the main building