The feudal château was rebuilt in 1505 by France’s ambassador to the kings of England, Spain and the Holy See, Pierre de Laguiche. He has his place in history as the signer of the Treaty of Fribourg, or of Perpetual Peace in 1516 with the Swiss cantons which is still in place today.
The stables were built between 1648-1652. One of the largest private stables built during the Ancien Régime, inspired by the Italian renaissance, Louis XIII and Louis IV’s architect, François Blondel, is purported to be the architect. The stables, after the restoration, will host cultural activities and equestrian related events.
The stables require an overall structural restoration.
New York Chapter