Château de Saconay (Rhône-Alpes)

2016 Grant of $16,000 - FHS The 14th century Maison Forte was called La Carrodière and belonged to Jehan de Lemps. He sold the house in 1558 to the Saconay family, who originated from the Geneva area and they gave their name to the château. It was sold several time until Claude Guillet, from Lyon, bought it in 1707 and did important restoration work. The château was pillaged during the Revolution. The 19th -cenutry restoration was interrupted by WWI. The current owner has been restoring the château doing the work himself for many years. Roof restoration is urgent to prevent deterioration of exceptional interior painted décor. Restoration: Roofs, tiles and carpentry